Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Who's in a Bunker?

You know what sucks? Suburban yuppie rock. Fuck fake rock stars. Free at last, free at last

Yesterday I bought The Collected Poems of Ted Berrigan & so far it's too gloriously over-whelming for me to really dig into. His book of "lectures" On the Level Everyday was really a life changing read for me & how i thought about writing & going about all the accompanying madness & living. Highly recommended for anyone engaged in creative thinking.

Speaking of life changing experiences, the first time I saw Radiohead in 2001 at Grant Park was more a holy pilgrimage than a concert, for many reasons which i'll omit here for momentum. saw a re-broadcast of a show in France Sunday afternoon & was reminded of their full glory & innovation. i stay away sometimes (perhaps we all do) from the things i love most, so that i might stave off falling out of love with them. Radiohead has been one such case for me. Kid A is one of my fav autumnal albums ever. check it out & tell me what you think.

Question: post-modernist or North American haberdasher?

peaches, cola

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home